What is Carry over paper & How to clear it in UPTU/AKTU

Most of students suffer back in there subjects and are not able to clear the paper because they don’t know the rule and suffer special carry over.

Here are the thing you should know before you clear the back papers.

What are credits?

When you will check your result, you will see that there is a 5th column for credits. Each subject carries a certain value of credits and different subjects have different credits. Practical exams also carries credit.

Get Latest Updates of UPTU

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

How credits are given?

• If a student secures minimum passing marks ( 30 out of 100, 15 out 50), the student is allotted full credits in that particular subject.
  • If a student fails to secure minimum passing marks in any particular subject, the student is provided with Zero  Credits.

So a student either gets full credits or no credits.

Result Status

At the bottom of your result you will see a result status. What does it means?

• PASS : If a student gets full credits in all the subjects including theory and practical,which means he have scored more than 30 and 15, in 100 and 50 marks exam respectively, then the student is declared as Pass.
  • PCP : Pass with carry papers. This status is allocated when a student have less than 4 carryovers in theory and less than 2 carryover in practical exams. In this case, student is allowed to be promoted to next year. Also the student must have minimum of 24 or more credits in theory subjects and minimum of 8 credits in practical subjects. Credits of GP (General Proficiency) will not be counted in the above calculation.
  • PCP- A : This status is provisional and is given to those students who have carryover. . In this case, the student will have to score 26 or more credits in theory subjects and 8 or more credits in practical subjects by appearing in carryover examinations. In case the student will fails to fulfil this condition, the PCP-A status will be changed to Fail.
  • Fail : If this status is written in your result, it means that you will  have to re appear for the examinations in the same academic year and you will not be promoted to next year. This is popularly known as year back.

What is internal back?

Each semester carries 1000 marks out of which 500 marks are in the hands of college authority. These marks are given on the basis of your performance in college sessional marks. Different subjects carries different marks. If a student gets an internal back but has scored enough marks in external exam, then it will not be counted as carryover and his status will be termed as pass. For example: A subject of total 150 marks have 100 marks in external exams and 50 marks in internal exams. For getting pass status, he needs to score total 45 marks. If a student gets 10 marks in internal exams ( fail ) but secures 35 marks in external, he scores total of 45 marks thus getting the pass status.

Grace marks rule:-

(New Revised Grace Marks rule updated in August 2016)

According to this rule, a student will be given at most 40 grace marks in any subject & in any year.

For Example: If a student is having back in three subjects- Subject 1 back by 10 marks , Subject 2 back by 10 mark., Subject 3 back by 10 mark, Subject 4 back by 10 mark. then he will be awarded grace marks in all subjects because now there is provision of awarding at most 40 marks (new rule) than of 10 marks (old rule).

Check the latest updates of AKTU Grace Marks

Also the students do need to apply anywhere to avail this rule. According to the students record in the university grace marks will be given to the students.

How can you clear your back?

There is a rule for clearing back(s). Backs of odd sem can be cleared in odd sem only and backs of even sem can be cleared in even sem only. You will get the notice from the college or from the official website about the carryover. You will have to fill the form worth Rs.500 and will have to give the exam again until you clear it. You can give maximum of 4 carryovers at one time. Most of the times carryover exams takes place after the regular exams. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR DEGREE IF YOU HAVE PENDING BACK.

Comment Below if you have any query??

Related posts

87 Comments

1. santosh

Mera batch 2011-15 hai. But mere ek subject main back bacha hua tha to maine 2015-16 odd sem main de diya hai uska result aana baki hai kya mera b.tech ki degree 5 year ki milegi ya 4 year ki hi

2. zia hashmi

is nft rule still there in uptu.. if yes after how many year is nft applied… i took admission in 2009 august i still have 2 backs am i under nft category? my result has pcp written on it

3. amit kumar

sir
    mai 2009-13 ka student hu, meri keval ek sub math3 me back baki hai mujhe carry over paper me 19 marks mile h mujhe pass hone ke liye sirf 1 marks ki jarurat h sir mere liye kya option bachte hai please help us mob 9792692912 please guide us

4. Vipin

Hi sir ,Am Btech 2008-2013 batch , am not able to clear Math-2 paper till now… pl suggest any option for carry over ..

5. yawer

Meri even sem mai aok back hai air jab mai ne aj carryover form barna chaha clg mai to vahan carryover form aata hi nhi h…kya prblm h ye.

6. Gaurav pandey

I have 2 back pending , 1 for odd n 1 for even sem…. I completed my college in 2012, can i still fill the back forms ? If yes then what is the last date to fill the form

7. rishabh gupta

currently i am in 3rd year .. i have 2 backs in 1st year only and having total marks of 907 if i cleared both backs
    and my total comesout less than what will be the my status paa or fail??
    mean agr mera total thousand(100) se kam h aur saario back clear h with full credit toh kya mera status paas hoga??

1. saksham

In the main semester exam I scored 18 and day before yesterday I gave the carryover paper.my question is if I got 20 marks in carryover paper then i would get grace or not? I have back in maths 2 only and rest all the papers are cleared in the semesters exams.

8. Anurag shivhare

I have missed my final year project Viva voce examination. Kya meri YB ayegi.
    Agar nahi to phir se project Viva kaise de sakte h.

9. raj

And sir what abt the special examination which held on September, can we give odd n even back in that examination : )

10. Rohan

Sir mein mba 4th sem ka student hun mujhe comprehensive viva mein 70 number mile hain out of hundred par isme carry over paper b raha hai kya karu

11. Rajeev nayak

Sir main MBA final year Ka student gun. Mere comprehensive viva(NMBA046) me 60 out of 100 marks aye h..but result me .carry over paper – NMBA 046 aya h..to muje is viva ko pass krne k liye kitne mark ki jrurat h..or mera qualifying paper me b not cleard aya h..or mera hi in puri class Ka h..sir please tell me .I should to do?

12. Anas

Sir jo new grace rule aya hai 40 no ka bo sesssion 2015-16 k final year b.tech k students hai unko iska benifit milega ya nahi plz sir reply

13. Prem

I am having two backs in first year and need 10 marks to clear my maths 2 and 5 marks to clear mechanics

However i have already taken a grace of 5 marks in 2 nd year am I also eligible to this new 40 marks rule

Passout 2014

1. Prem

Hi shady,

I have 2 backs in first year and the required marks are ( Mechanics 5 marks/ Maths 2 10 marks )
          However I have already availed 5 marks gace in 2 nd year
          I am a 2014 passout am i also eligible for this rule?

14. Prem

Any news on 40 marks grace rule? Any idea on when this rule wil be officially announced as per news there was a meeting on 9th of July after which they had to share the discussion points
    Any idea kollegetimes?

15. Faiz

Sir mera first year me 3 back tha ek me 19,26and 12 marks hai muhje 11,4 aur 3 marks chahiye kya mujhe grase new rule se

16. Prem

Sir kyaa yeh 40 marks grace kisi bhi year mey requirement key hisaab sey key saktey hai ki sirf ek hi baar ley saktey hai?
    For example if 15 number required in 1 year and 25 number required in another year so can we avail 40 grace in such manner?

17. munesh kumar

sir mai 2016 passout hu lekin meri 2nd year mai math mai ek back hai jisme mere 19 marks hai
    sir special carry over honge yaa nhi or sir ek questin yhe hai sir 40 marks grace ka rule ka benifite mujhe milega ya nhi
    please sir tell me about this

18. danish anwar

sir mai mab 2013-14 ka paasout hu second sem. meri 2 sub. me back hai 2015 me maine carry over paper diye the but uska result ab tk updte nhi hua hai kya mai dobara carry over form bhr skta hu

19. Vikram Singh

I cleared 11subects but got carry over in one suject in 1st year 2015-16 .i scored 13 marks in that subject.please help me what should i do.

20. anuj

Consider this case..
    If student have total 6(2 in 1st and 4 in 2nd) backs but have overall 31(20 in theory subjects) credits and 997 marks in first year.
    He is promoted to 2nd year with pcp-a status.
    Does it mean student needs to complete backs only in 3rd semester or in whole 2nd year…
    Does student needs to pass all backs or only those back which make overall 26 credits in 1st year…

21. Rohan Kushwaha

I have back in EMFT which is of 50 marks, i got 8 marks in external and 10 in internal, which makes it 18 i need 12 more marks to clear this subject. As this is a 50 marks subject what is the maximum grace that can be given in 50 marks subject ?

22. Preet

Hi sir ,
    University has now officially announced the new grace rule on 20th August
    But my result is not updated as per new grace rule can you let us know on how soon the results will be updated.

23. pradeep kumar

Hi
    Sir
    M 2009-10 bach ka hu or ek back hai machnics m mare 11 mark hai kya muje degri mil jayagi
    Please help me

24. deepak

Hello sir !!
    I m in 2nd year (3rd sem) !! I had back in mechanics in 1st sem and i thought i would clear it in 3rd sem !! But now the syllabus has been changed of mechanics !! So my basic concern is that if my question paper of mechanics would have the syallabus that was last year or i will have the new syallabus question paper ???? I m from U.P and board is AKTU !! kindly research a bit and help me out plz !!
    Thank you .

25. pooja

1. pooja

i have 2 back in 2nd semester……….n one subject result is incomplete bt i secured 25 credits …….is this means i m promote to 2nd year………..my result status is inc

26. nitish

sir i have given a back paper in two subjects i have cleared one subject but again i got a back with 20 marks out of 100? will i be able to get grace of 10 marks

27. saurav kumar

Sir i’m b.pharm student batch 2015-2016 . My result show incomplete in one subject BIO STATICS in 2nd sem. So i want to know when will be my result show on web site please reply sir

28. Sandeep

Sir meri 2 back bachi hai 3rd sem mein & ek subject mein 21marks hai & ek mein 10 & the stafus is pcp-A , agr mein ek subject clear kar deta hoon & score 1000 ho jata hai toh mera status fail toh nhi hoga na ??

29. sufiya

sir mai 2013 ki passout hu mera ek back math 2 me 12 no. H kya mai carry over de sakta hu even sem.2017 me please mujhe btaya jai

30. shanu

Sir I am mba student ,i got 12 nbr in human ethics in 3rd sem nd show auc not cleared,,, sir, so what would be in this metter ,,,,plz guide me sir

31. vipin sharma

I m mba 1 yr student sir or mere result nhi aaya ab tak kyuki mene apne question paper pe likh diya tha galti se or unhone meri fun lga di ab meri sab mei zero aayegi koi kuch btao mei bhut pareshan hu maa kasam or result ab kitne din baad aayega sabka to aa chuka 9 march ko btao koi pls kuch

32. meenkumari

sir i am 4th yr btech student …..sir koi special carry over honge is bar sir humara akhiri saal hai or bas ek mai back hai agr is bar carryovr ni huye to humari degree extend hojayegii…plzz tell ,me sir ki special carryover hoga ya ni ??