- requirement to get its semester completion
Anna University students have to fulfill at least 3 basic requirement to get its semester completion.
- A Candidate who has fulfilled the following conditions shall be deemed to have satisfied the requirements for completion of a semester.Ideally every student is expected to attend all classes and secure 100% attendance.However, in order to give provision for certain unavoidable reasons such as Medical /participation in sports / personal, the student is expected to attend at least 75%of the classes during any semester commencing from First semester.
|Get Latest Job Updates:-|
- Therefore, he/she shall secure not less than 75%(after rounding off to the nearest integer)of overall attendance taking into account the total number of 450 periods in a semester within 90 working days in all courses put together attended by the candidate as against the total number of periods in all courses offered during the semester.
- However, a candidate who secures overall attendance between 65%and 74%in that current semester due to medical reasons (prolonged hospitalization / accident / specific illness/Participation in Sports events) may be permitted to appear for the current semester examinations subject to the condition that the candidate shall submit the medical certificate attested by the Head of the Institution. The same shall be forwarded to the Controller of Examinations,Anna University, Chennai for record purposes.
- Candidates whosecure less than 65% of overall attendanceshallnot be permitted towrite the University examination at the end ofthesemesterand not permitted tomovetothenext semester. They are required to repeat the incompletesemesterin the nextacademic year,as per the norms prescribed