VITEEE Seat allotment:- The process of allotting the seats to the students is directly done in the VIT campus. The expected dates for the seat allotment process is May 2018 (As per last year). The candidates who have registered for the VITEEE counselling process as well as, filled the preferences mentioned, will be allotted a seat. The eligible candidates of VIT Exam will have to register for VIT counselling from the official website of VITEEE.
It is responsibility of eligible candidate to register for the VITEEE Seat Allotment process. The counselling dates will be displayed on University official website and candidates will be informed through SMS after the declaration of VIT results. The candidates who will be shortlisted and allotted the seats on the basis of their ranks in VITEEE 2018. Below is the complete procedure for the VIT Seat Allotment process.
VITEEE 2018 Seat Allotment Procedure:-
- VIT University will follow the single-window admission system for the allocation of candidates for all the B.Tech. programmes offered in Chennai and Vellore campuses of the university. However, it is expected that the candidates will be allotted seats in Bhopal and Amaravati campuses also from the upcoming session.
- The allotment of seats in VITEEE 2018 will be done on the basis of rank of the candidates in VIT Engineering Entrance Examination 2018.
- In order to enable candidates to make their choice, the details of various B.Tech programmes and the number of seats that have been allotted along with the total number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling centre.
- This must be noted that although there is no guarantee, university will make an effort for the to place candidates at their top choices as per the enrolment quota.
- In order to take care of the absentees, university usually calls more candidates than the number of seats available in the university for the counselling process. The allotment of seats will be based on the merit list prepared by the university.
- If the candidate will not appear in person for the counselling process, his/her seats will automatically be transferred to the next candidate as per the merits.
- However, due to unforeseen reasons, a candidate will not be able to attend the counselling in person, he/she can attend the subsequent round after informing the office about the same.
- All the relevant documents along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 50,000/- in favor of ‘VIT University’ payable to Vellore, which includes the counselling fee, is also to be submitted by the candidate. Without the same, candidate will not be allowed to appear in the counselling round.
Also Check:- VITEEE 2018 slot booking