The VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2018 can be found below, Candidates are adviced to check the Eligibility criteria before applying for the VITEEE Application form. The eligibility for the exam is based on the Age, Nationality and Educational qualification of the candidates. If any candidate is ineligible, application fee will be non-refundable, so fill the VITEEE Application form carefully.
Changes this year :-
- Under Andhra Pradesh, a new examination centre Tanuku has been added. The centre code is 109.
- Exam centre Eluru, code 187, under Andhra Pradesh and Telangana till last year, is now a centre only in Andhra Pradesh. The code has also been changed to 103.
Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE 2018:-
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2018.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- ‘NIOS’ candidates are also eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2018.
Both National & International candidates can apply for the VITEEE Exam, Under international candidates, Foreign National, Person of India Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizens of India, Children of Indian works abroad, and Non-Residents Indians (NRI) are allowed to apply.
The Indian nationals can submit scanned copy of the Photo ID card to prove their nationality. Whereas, foreign nationals can submit a copy of Valid Passport As well as Visa of both the candidate and the parents. If not this, then the international aspirant must submit a copy of the citizenship card to fulfill VITEEE 2018 eligibility criteria. The NRI candidates will also be required to produce Employer Certificate of Father or Mother. Whereas, for the grade points, the equivalency marks card from the school will be required.
- Age Limit:-
The only age criterion for VITEEE is that the candidate should have been born on or after 1st July 1996.
The University will only consider High School/SSC/X certificates to match the age. Candidates will have to submit it while filling the VITEEE 2018 Application Form. Another time it will be required during verification of documents, in the VITEEE 2018 counselling round.
VITEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Educational Qualification:-
For Indian Nationals:-
- Candidate should have studied the qualifying examination from the Regular or Full Time or Formal Education institute.
- The candidate must have had Mathematics/Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as the core subject in the 10+2/equivalent.
- The aggregate marks in the above mentioned subjects should not be less than 60%.
- The minimum aggregate eligibility criteria for VITEEE 2018 is 50% for those candidates either belong to SC/ST category or are the resident of Jammu and Kashmir/North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh/Assam/Manipur/Meghalaya/Mizoram/Nagaland/Sikkim/Tripura.
Certificates: The candidates will have to submit marks sheet, as prove, during form filling and VITEEE 2018 Counselling. Also, the candidates of the above mentioned states will also be required to submit a Certificate Nativity.
For NRI Candidates:-
The criteria for both is a little different. The NRI candidates are exempted from appearing for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination and may apply for the direct admission. The education eligibility criteria of VITEEE 2018 to be fulfilled are as below:
Must have completed 12 years schooling, equivalents to 10+2 in Indian education system, with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology
It is mandatory for the foreign nationals to have studied English as a core subject in qualifying examination.
Must have secured 60% aggregate in PCM/B
Apart from English, candidates must also have Mathematics and Physics as the core subjects.
Candidates who have studied Physics Science, but had the combination of Physics and Chemistry, are required to produce certificate of approval, as published by school and approved by AIU/Board of Studies
The third subject can be Chemistry/Computer Science/Electronics/Bio-Technology/Biology etc. The aggregate should not be less than 60% in the qualifying examination.