PTU CET Eligibility Criteria 2018 Complete Details

Punjab Technical University conducts an entrance examination which is most probably known as PTU CET, where CET stands for common entrance test. PTU CET is organized for all the undergraduate program that are offered by the Punjab Technical University. The main body that organizes PTU CET are known as I.K Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. Some of the major courses that are offered in PTU are Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Architecture, Hotel Management, Medical lab Technologies and IT courses.

Minimum Eligibility Required

As per the University Norms there are some criteria that candidate must fulfill to be able to sit in PTU CET. To get eligible for Punjab Technical University Combined Entrance Test and to pursue the courses their the following are eligibility criteria for the courses. Criteria are as follows :

Get Latest Job Updates:-
  • Click Here to Get best Job opportunities from Us
  • Study in Foreign get FREE Counselling Now
  • Get Latest Updates of Exams Directly

    • Nationality: Candidate must have nationality of India.
    • Domicile: 85% of the seats of the PTU are reserved for the Residents of Punjab. If the candidate are a resident of Punjab He/she is eligible for the reserved seats above. Other state candidate are eligible for the rest 15% of the seats of PTU.
    • Exemptions:The kids and children of defense Personnel those are having their posting in Punjab are exempted from any conditions. They are just required to qualify examination of 10+2 from the recognized institute in Punjab.
    • Educational Qualification: The student must have qualify their 10+2 examination from a board that must have been recognized from central/state government.

    The candidate must have taken Science stream in 10+2 with Maths and Physics as compulsory subject, with one of the subject among Chemistry, Bio technology, Computer Science, Biology. Candidate who have passed their diploma in any trade of engineering from the Punjab state board of technical education and industrial training are also eligible for PTU.

    For B.Tech: Aspirants need to have passed XII or the equivalent education with the subjects such as Math and physics as main and any of the non-compulsory subject such as Computer Science, Chemistry,  Biotechnology and Biology.

    PTU CET Eligibility Criteria

    1. B.Arch: Aspirants need to have passed XII or the equivalent education with at least 50% marks in Maths and English as the subjects of assessment.
    2. For B.Pharmacy: Aspirants need to have passed XII with subjects such as Physics and Chemistry along with Computer Science, mathematics or bio-Technology or else three year qualification in pharmacy with at least 50% marks

    Entrance examination:

    85% and 15% of the seats are fulfilled by the score of JEE MAINS.

    Age Criteria: Candidates those who are applying for the Punjab Technical University Combine Entrance Test must have minimum age of 17, any candidate having age less than 17 will not be allowed to sit in the examination. If any unfair means is used to tamper the age, the University might disqualify the candidate and legal action might also be taken.

    How to check your PTU CET eligibility:-

    If candidate wants to check his/her eligibility, they can compare their 10+2 marks with the minimum required marks, their subject with the required subjects and so on.

    Official Website:

    The official website of PTU is:

    Also See:-

    JEE Main 2018 CAT 2018 NEET 2018 GATE 2018 AP EAMCET 2018
    error: Content is protected !!