NEET Exam (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is national level medical entrance examination for MBBS & BDS aspirants. The exam will be administrated by CBSE Board for providing admissions in various government & private Medical colleges of country. The NEET eligibility criteria for the aspiring candidates is as given below:
NEET Exam General Eligibility Criteria:
- The Aadhaar card is mandatory for the candidates to apply for NEET 2018 examination.
- The NEET Aspirants must have passed the 10+2 or its equivalent exams with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with English.
- The minimum percentage for the NEET candidates of general category is 50%, And for SC/ST/OBC it is 40%, for general PH it is 45% and for the SC/ST/OBC handicapped is 40%.
- The NEET Exam candidates appearing for phase 1 exam can also apply. They must have to show there passing certificates complying with minimum percentage criteria at the time of first round of NEET counseling.
- Marks obtained in math shall not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
NEET Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats
All the participating states in NEET 2018 will fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS college via state counselling process, while the remaining State quota seats of 15% will be filled through All India centralized counselling process. The minimum NEET 2018 eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:
|Get Latest Job Updates:-|
- The candidates must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state board.
- The candidates must possess a valid state domicile certificate.
- The candidate should must possess the residential proof of the state.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats in participating state college:-
- The candidate must be the citizen of India or Overseas citizen.
- The candidates must have completed the age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of Admission.
- The upper age limit is 25 years (5 years relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC candidates) as on or before 31st December of the year of Admission.
- The candidates belong to J&K, AP and Telangana are eligible to appear the exam only for the admission to the AFMC, Pune on the basis of self-declaration.
Eligibility for Seats in Participating Bodies
There are many other institutes/universities that are participating in the NEET 2018, some of them include Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Jamia Hamdard University, University of Delhi.
- The OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) may also appear the exam subject to the rules of government of India.
- The upper age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/ universities/ institutions for those candidates, seeking admission under the control of participating Institutions/ Universities/ States.