The CBSE (Central Board Of secondary Education) have made a format for the selection of the eligible candidates of JEE main 2017. The committee will ensure the Eligibility criteria during the counselling process, then only the admission in NITs, IITs & GFTIs will be provided. The Major factors which effects the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2017 age, nationality, education qualification etc. The Candidates who are planning for appering the JEE main 2016 should must ensure to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for JEE main 2017. This is because once the fee is subimitted then the JEE application fee will not be refundable.
Get the Complete Details on provision of Aadhaar Card CLICK HERE[/box]
JEE main 2017 Eligibility Criteria:- (Previous Year)
The minimum eligibility criteria for the JEE main 2017 is mentioned below. However it should be noted that the information mentioned below is as per the previous year information.
Date of Birth:-
- As per criteria, candidate must be born on or after the First Week of October of 1991.
- There is a relaxation of 5 years on this criterion but only for the candidates belonging to Persons with Disabilities (Pwd), ST and SC categories.
- Candidates must have passed the Qualifying exam including the last two years of schooling with the subjects of Physics and Math (Compulsory) and any ONE of Chemistry/Bio – Technology/Biology/Computer Science as optional.
- Candidates must have achieved a minimum of 50% aggregate in the class XII exam as per JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria.
Year of Passing the Qualifying Exam (QE):
- Year of passing of qualifying exam for candidates must be 2015 or 2016.
- As per JEE Main Eligibility Criteria, those candidates who are appearing for exam in 2016 are also eligible, only if they provide the result of their exam at the time of admission.
- Candidate must pass the QE with at least 5 subjects.
As per the JEE Main 2017 eligibility criteria, a candidate is allowed a maximum of 3 consecutive attempts to qualify the examination.