JEE Advance will held on 20th May 2018 in computer mode. The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced is conducted after the JEE Main. JEE Advance is conducted for the selection of the candidates into UG Engineering courses, for IITs and ISM, Dhanbad. However, various other institutes also consider the score of the exam for granting the admission. The Joint Admission Board (JAB) has announced that candidates will have the choice to write the JEE Advanced Exam in Hindi or English language. The candidates will have to give both papers on same date i.e Paper 1 & Paper 2. This year IIT Kanpur is the organizing institite of JEE (Advanced) 2018.
Each candidate is entitled to two consecutive attempts. This year, foreign national (POI and OCI included) may also write the paper. However, these candidates will not be entitled to seat reservation. Only top 1.5 lakh qualifiers of JEE Main 2017, who either were in top 20 percentile or possessed an aggregate of 75% marks in the Qualifying Exam, will be allowed to write the exam. Attempting both, Paper-I and Paper-II, was mandatory because marks of both will be considered to determine the rank.
JEE Advances Important Dates
JEE Advance Registration Start
4th Week Of April
JEE Advance 2018 Close
1st week of May, 2018
JEE Advance 2018 Admit card
2nd week of May, 2018
JEE Advance 2018 Exam date
20th May, 2018
Online display of ORS and scanned responses
Display of Answer Keys
Collecting candidate’s feedback on answer keys
Result to be Declared on
Date for the online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)
Exam date for Architecture Aptitude Test
AAT Result Announcement Date
Seat Allotment Starts from
Age Limit for JEE Advance
Candidate must be born on or after 1 October 1991 (GEN or OBC) or on or after 1 October 1986 (SC, ST or PwD).
Number of Attempts
Candidate can attempt JEE Advanced 2018 for a maximum of two years, consecutively.
- Candidate must have passed in Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2017 or 2018
- In the qualifying examination, candidates either must have been among category top 20 percentile range or should have secured 75% aggregate marks. The criteria for SC/ST/PwD is 70%.
- Those who appeared in 2017 and want to re-appear in 2018 (either for improvement or due to failure in one or more subjects), are required to re-appear in 2018
- Candidates who appeared in 2016 are ineligible with exception being those whose result for 2015-16 was declared after June 2016
- For list of qualifying exam, refer to the official brochure
JEE Advanced 2018 Application – Documents Required
- Color passport sized photo covering full face taken within last 6 months
- Class X certificate OR birth certificate
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate
- Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature
- Scanned copy of left-hand thumb impression
- Appropriate categorical certificate for SC/ST/OBC/PwD
Prior Admission in IITs/ISM
- Candidate who is already admitted in IITs or ISM is ineligible for admission.
- The candidate who is in the preparatory course in any of the IITs in 2018 is eligible.
JEE Advanced Application Form
The procedure to fill JEE Advanced 2018 application form will be as below:
- Access the link above.
- Read all the instructions to fill the form thoroughly and click on “Proceed To Register Online”
- Submit JEE Main 2018 roll number, and create a password to register.
- Upload all the required documents and certificate.
- Remit the application fee via Net Banking or Debit/ Credit card.
JEE Advanced Application Fee
The requisite amount of JEE Advanced 2018 application fee is given in the table below. (As per Last year fee)
Exam Centers in India
Exam Centers in Dubai
JEE Advanced 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card of JEE Advanced will be released in the month of May 2018, on the official website. Admit card with incorrect information can harm your candidature, so it is advised that candidates ensure that all the details are correct in it. We will also suggest that candidates do not do any manual changes, as it might also hamper the candidature.
To download the JEE Advanced admit card, candidates may access the link above and then submit Registration Number, Date of Birth and E-mail ID/ Mobile Number. On the submitted ID or mobile number, the message to download the admit card will be sent.
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern
- The exam will only be held in offline mode.
- There shall be two papers in the exam – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Each paper would contain three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Questions asked will be of Multiple Choice Type and Numerical Answer Type
- Language medium of the question paper – Hindi or English
- Negative marking will be accounted but only in some of the questions
- Candidates have to mark their responses using black ball point pen in OMR answer sheet
Note: Choice for the language (Hindi or English) has to be stated during the form filling. Provision to alter choice, once filled, will not be provided.
JEE Advanced 2018 Answer Key and ORS Display
- Answer key for paper 1 and paper 2 will be shown on the official website
- ORS along with machine read responses and marks will be displayed
- You can file review on sensing any discrepancy. Request for the same has to be put online
- You must pay Rs. 500 per question for review
JEE Advanced 2018 Merit List
- For merit list, only those candidates who appeared for both papers will be considered
- Marks in Physics in the exam will be equal to the marks scored in Physics in paper 1 plus paper 2
- Same algorithm will be followed for Chemistry and Mathematics
- Aggregate marks will be sum of marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Merit list will be prepared as per aggregate marks in JEE Advanced 2018
- Merit lists for preparatory courses will be created only if the number of SC, ST and PwD
- candidates in the respective merit list is less than 1.4 times the total seats in respective categories
- A candidate who qualifies for more than one category will be accounted in all the categories he belongs to
- No waiting list shall be issued for ranking
- Only those candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each subject in each paper and in aggregate will be enlisted
- Minimum prescribed marks vary with category
In case aggregate marks by two or more candidates are same, a tie-break mechanism will be followed.
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate with higher marks in Math
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate with higher marks in Physics
- If issue is not resolved yet, the same rank will be assigned
JEE Advanced 2018 Result
- Candidates may check their result by accessing the link above and by submitting the Registration Number and Date of Birth, in the required space.
- In the result, the makes of candidates in each subject is given, along with the rank
JEE Advanced Counselling
- Last year, a joint counselling was held for JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2018
- It will be conducted by JoSAA, which is a child authority of JAB and CSAB
- The registration for the counselling will begin in July 2018
- As soon as the latest information will be released, we will update the article.
JEE Advanced Selection Mode
Admissions shall be made on the basis of the score in examination (both papers). Higher the score better is the chance of admission. An inter-se merit list shall be created to select the most deserving candidates. You must satisfy any on the following criteria for admission to IITs and ISM –
- He is within the category wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in class XII or equivalent examination.
- He must secure 75% (for GEN or OBC) or 70% (SC, ST or PwD) of aggregate marks in class XII or equivalent examination.
JEE Advanced 2018 Participating IITs
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Maharashtra
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneshwar, Orissa
- Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihar
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Punjab
- Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad, Kerala
- Indian Institute of Technology Goa
- Indian Institute of Technology Chhattisgarh
- Indian Institute of Technology Tripura
Institutes, Other Than IITs, Using JEE Advanced Ranks
Some institutes use JEE Advanced 2018 ranking to admit candidates. You must contact them individually for admissions.
- Indian School of Mines Dhanbad
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (IISc)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Tiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Tiruvananthapuram (IIST)
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareli (RGIPT)