Before starting the application procedure for JEE Advance 2017 , we will suggest that candidates must read all the instruction to fill the application form carefully from the brochure and ensure eligibility. Candidates should also keep the documents below ready before filling the form.
Documents to be kept ready by all the candidates are:
- A valid e-mail id and phone number.
- A coloured photograph with full frontal face view, covering almost 70-80% of the frame. Also, it must have been generated in last six months.
- Class X certificate or Birth Certificate
- Class XII certificate (if issued)
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature and left thumb impression
- Gazette notification showing the change of name, if the name is not the same as that in class X certificate.
Apart from these documents above, candidates belonging to particular category will also need certain other documents, which are as below:
|LATEST APPLICATION FORM :-|
|Apply for the|
|OBC-NCL Category||OBC-NCL certificate issued on or after June 1, 2016|
|SC and ST Category||Caste and tribe certificate for SC ST candidates, respectively.|
|PwD Category||Disability certificate issued by a district medical board/ competent authority|
|Candidates Requiring Services of a Scribe||(1) Request letter to the Chairman of the respective zonal IIT
(2) PwD certificate OR Dyslexic certificate, as issued by the competent authority.
|DS Category||Certificate issued by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India|
|Candidates Who Wrote Board Examination Outside India||A certificate, issued by Association of Indian Universities stating the examination qualified by the candidate is equivalent to class XII exams.|
Note: All of these forms are available in the information brochure. Also, all the updates will be notified through SMS. So, candidates are advised to submit the correct phone number and never keep it in Do Not Disturb mode.
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form – Fee Structure
Examination Centres in India
- Female Candidates Rs 1000/-
- SC/ST/PwD Candidates Rs 1000/-
- All Other Candidates Rs 2000/-
Examination Centre in Dubai
- All Candidates USD $220
Important Dates of JEE Advance (Released):-
JEE Advance Registration Start
28th April 2017
JEE Advance 2017 Close
2nd May, 2017
JEE Advance 2017 Admit card
10th – 21st May, 2017
JEE Advance 2017 Exam date
21st May, 2017 (9 – 12 PM & 2 – 5 PM)
Online display of ORS and scanned responses
31st May to 3rd June 2017
Display of Answer Keys
4th June, 2017
Collecting candidate’s feedback on answer keys
4th – 6th June, 2017
Result Declared on
11th June, 2017
Date for the online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)
11th – 12th June, 2017
Exam date for Architecture Aptitude Test
14th June, 2017
AAT Result Announcement Date
18th June, 2017
Seat Allotment Starts from
19th June to 18th July, 2017
JEE Advanced 2017 – Procedure to Change the Password
To alter the password of JEE Advanced Login, candidates may use any of the following options to reset the password.
- Using Security Question and the Answer, as chosen during the Registration.
- Using a verification code, sent via SMS to candidate’s registered mobile number.
- Using a reset link, which will be sent at candidate’s registered Email-ID.
Common Errors in JEE Advanced Application Form Which Will Lead to Rejection
Below we have list silly errors, which will impact candidate’s JEE Advanced application form immensely. These errors can be the major factor due to which JEE Advanced application form 2017 will be rejected.
Avoid these while clicking the Photograph for JEE Advanced 2016 Application Form:
- Selfie from the cell phone is not acceptable.
- The photograph should not have a Dark background.
- Should not contain less than 70-80% of front face.
- The full frontal (face) view is absent, will definitely lead to rejection.
- Photograph with hat, cap, scarf and sunglasses on, will not be accepted.
- Poor resolution/ No clarity is not acceptable.
Common Errors in Signature, due to which JEE Advanced 2017 Form will be rejected:
- Inappropriate/ unclear background.
- Poor resolution or No clarity in the signature.
- Signature with ALL CAPITAL letters is not acceptable.
Keep your Thumb in Check to submit JEE Advanced 2017 application form properly:
- Thumb impression on the unclear background will not be accepted.
- Poor resolution or No clarity in the impression will lead to rejection.
- Smudged thumb impression will again lead to rejection.
Do Not Make the Error Below in the Certificates while submitting JEE Advanced application form:
- Variation in the name of the candidate in certificates.
- Missing Official seal/signature of a competent authority is not acceptable.
- Poor resolution or No clarity in the scanned image of the certificate is not acceptable.
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form – Procedure
It is vital to fill the application form in the prescribed format. Else, the form will not be acknowledged.
The Procedure to Fill JEE Advanced Application Form is as below:
Registration: Candidates firstly need to register, to fill the application form of JEE Advanced. To do so, candidates will have to submit JEE Main 2017 Roll Number, Security Pin and create a Password. On submitting the required information correctly, the system will prompt for alteration of the password, which candidates may or may not avail.
Important instructions for Determining the Password:
- It must be of 8 to 13 characters, containing one Lower and Upper case, along one numeric value and a special character (#@%$).
- It should be something which candidates can easily remember.
- After login, candidates may change their password.
- IIT Bombay and NIC do not take responsibility for misuse and violation of the password. So, candidates should save it properly.
Note: After filling the form, logout for the safety purposes.
Filling The Information: After the successful registration, the page will be directed to the candidates’s JEE Main 2017 details. In it, personal, academic and contact details submitted during JEE Main registration will also be displayed. However, candidates will have to submit certain other details like:
- Choice for the examination centers
- Language of Question Paper
- Eligibility for DS category
- Class XII/ or equivalent examination’s Roll No.
Upload Scanned Image and Certificate: Next, candidates will have to upload required documents, as stated above. All the documents should be uploaded in jpg/jpeg format. The specification of the documents is as below. These documents should be uploaded exactly is in the format below, else JEE Advanced 2017 application form will be rejected.
- The photograph should be larger than 10 KB and less than 100 KB. Also, the size of photograph image must be in ratio 3.5 (width): 4.5 (height) only.
- Signature and Thumb Impression should be between 5 KB to 30 KB. The size of the signature and thumb impression must be in ratio 3.5 (width): 1.5 (height) only.
- The size of the scanned image all the other certificates must be between 50 KB to 300 KB.
Payment of Registration Fee: Lastly, candidates will have to remit the JEE Advanced 2017 application form fee. Candidates can remit the fee via Cash or online safe payment gateway. To access any, candidates will have to click on “Pay Registration Fee” and the system will automatically redirect to State Bank Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page. Candidates who will choose to submit the fee via Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card may directly make the payment. Whereas, candidates who wish to remit the fee via Cash may select the “SBI Branch”, in the portal. On selecting the branch, the system will automatically generate a challan. Then, candidates are required to submit the fee amount, via challan, to SBI Branch.
Candidates who will write the JEE Advanced 2017 in the Dubai center may remit the application fee through International Debit/ Credit card, issued by the Foreign Banks only. In the case of Dubai center, cards issued by India Banks will not be accepted to make payment of JEE Advanced application form.
NOTE: Candidates are not required to send the copy of the JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form or Registration Details to any zonal IIT.
Post JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form Formalities
Candidates need not send the copy of the filled JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form to the conducting authority.
Candidates who will register properly will be able to download their admit Card in Mid May 2017, from the official website.