The Indian Institute of Science and Technology (IIST) has released the Application form for the admission in 2017 session. IIST offer 60 seats each year in B.Tech & 20 Seats in Dual Degree programs. Programme. Complete details of how to get admission in the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology is given here for interested candidates.
IIST B.Tech Admission 2017
Admission in IIST for academic session 2017-18 shall be on the basis of JEE (Main) 2017 and JEE (Advanced) 2017. IIST Application Form 2017 is issued online through the web portal. portals first have to appear and qualify in JEE (Main), and JEE (Advanced) examinations is conducted by CBSE and IITs respectively. Only those candidates who clear the cut off set by IIST shall be eligible for admission on basis of merit.
|Get Latest Job Updates:-|Event
Online registration of application opens on
22 May 2017
Online registration of application closes on
12 Jun 2017
Last date for remitting registration fee in Bank
to be announced
For NRI Candidates Only
to be announced
Publication of IIST Admission Rank list and Counselling details
to be announced
Candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved based on relaxed criteria as per applicable rules of the Government of India. The categories included are
- Scheduled Castes (SC) – 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 7.5%
- Other Backward Castes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) – 27%
- Persons with Disabilities (PD) – 3% (Horizontal Reservation
Seat Matrix for Different Programmes:
B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering)
Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.S./M.Tech.)
IIST Eligibility Criteria 2017
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy ALL the eligibility criteria described below for applying for admission to undergraduate programmes in IIST.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
Age : Candidates belonging to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1992. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) categories must have born on or after October 1, 1987.
Qualifying Examination (10+2 or Equivalent)
Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (orequivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PDcandidates should be at least 65%. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered forcalculating the aggregate marks criterion.
The qualifying examination should be any of the following:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge /Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.