The COMEDK 2018 exam is conducted for the entrance exam in the field of Engineering, Medical & dental. The candidates are required to fill the COMEDK 2018 Application Forms. The exam committee publish the eligibility criteria and ensure the applicants. The exam is conducted in month of May 2018. You can find the COMEDK 2018 Eligibility Criteria below.
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering and Architecture (B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Arch)
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognised by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
Eligibility Criteria For Architecture:
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at-least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students.
- (i) There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course.
(ii) Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application for participation in the Counselling.