The CAT 2016 is released on 31st July 2016. CAT exam dates are official by the IIM Banglore, the online process for the CAT application forms will be avalible for the candidates. The CAT exam is conducted at all India Level, as per the latest updates last year candidates applied for the CAT Exam were 2,18,664 where as the candidates who attended the exam were just only 1,79,602. The CAT exam score is accepted by 20 IIM institutions of India & 100+ B schools.
Important Dates for the CAT 2016:-
LATEST APPLICATION FORM :-
Apply for the
Officail Notification for CAT 2016 Exam
CAT Registration Online process
8th-August-2016 AVAILABLE (Click to Register)
Last date for CAT application
CAT Admit Card release Date
18th October 2016, 1:00 PM
Last date to download Admit card
Upto the date of the exam
CAT 2016 Exam Dates
04th December 2016 (Sunday)
Decleration of CAT score card
2 nd week of January 2017 (Tentative)
Name of courses offered under CAT Exams :-
- PGP – Post Graduate Programme
- PGDM – Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGPPM -Post Graduate Progamme in Public Policy and Management
- PGPSM -Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets
- EPGPM -Executive Post Graduate Programme
- PGDHRM -Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- PGPEX -Post Graduate Programme for Executives
- PGPAMB – Post Graduate Programme in Agri Business Management
- PGPBM – Post Graduate Programme in Business Management
- PGP-UAE -Post Graduate Programme at UAE
- PGPEM – Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management
- PGPWE – PGP for Working Executive
CAT Exam Eligiblity:-
There is no changes in the CAT 2016 Exam Eligiblity, but the final updates for the eligibility criteria will be available afte the notification by the Exam commitee. The eligibility for CAT is mentioned below:-
- Candidates who have graduation degree in any discipline are eligible to apply CAT 2016
- Candidates who want to appear in CAT 2016 should have attained minimum of 50% marks or equivalent
- The candidates studying in the final year of graduation can also register for CAT 2016 provided that they have to qualify the same with given criteria.
Reservation of seat in CAT 2106 :-
- For SC Candidates: 15%
- For ST candidates: 7.5%
- For OBC: 27%
- For the person with disabilities: 3%
The application form for the CAT 2016 will be available online only. The students who want to appera for the CAT exam can fill the application form online. The links for the application form will be active . The online CAT Registration will start in the month of september 2016. After the sucessful complition of the application form the User ID & password fo rthe same will be sent to your registered E-mail address.
CAT Application from Fee:-
The application fee for the CAT online form is mentioned below:-
- For General/OBC applicants – Rs 1700/-
- For SC/ST/DA/PwD applicants – Rs 850/-
CAT 2016 Exam Centers :-
The CAT 2016 will held in the 136 cities with 600+ centers all across India. The candidates can choose the correct option to select the cities & where they want to appear. It is advised to select the nearest center for the CAT 2016 Exam. The details of the test center accolated to the candidates will be printed on the admit acrds of the candidates.
CAT 2016 Exam Pattern:-
|S.No.||Section Name||No. of MCQs||No. of Non-MCQs||Total questions that can be asked from each section||Total Time allotted to attempt each section|
|1||Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||24||10||34||60 minutes|
|2||Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)||24||10||34||60 minutes|
|3||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||24||8||32||60 minutes|
|Total||72||28||100 questions||180 minutes (03 hours)|
The admit card will be available for the candidates in the month of October 2016. It ia an important document for the students to appear in the exam. The candidates will have to show the admit card during the exams. No hard copy will be sent to the candidates via an postal service. So, It is advised to download the admit card online as soon as before the deadline.
CAT 2016 Result:-
The result od CAT 2016 announced in the month of Janurary 2017. The candidates can download the CAT score card form the official website. The candidates can login through the links given on official website of CAT 2016. The CAT score card will be available by entering the User ID & Password given to the candidates.
For other queries, candidates can email to [email protected] or dial 1-800-266-3549 (Monday to Saturday between 9am and 5.30pm).